Friday, September 5, 2008

Life at SSN...

I decided my first blog would rather not be the stereotypical 'why i chose blogging' and straightaway list reasons but would be about my life as a MBA student at SSN SoMCA. Truly the last few days have been eventful and have enjoyed myself completely here at SSN. I would write more on my profile and related information in subsequent postings.


Everyone is aware Post Graduation can get hectic but here learning is fun. I was impressed with the teaching practices here and the faculty. Due importance is given to overall development and students are encouraged to make the best use of the infrastructure (which is as good as the ones in IIMs or IITs). Guest lectures are often arranged. On the very first week we had the opportunity to interact with Mr.Anand Pillai,Sr VP from HCL Tech. The BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY formed the crux of his speech. (For those who are not aware, Blue Ocean Strategy is a business Strategy which focuses on making the competition irrelevant by venturing into uncharted waters i.e. to exploit the untapped unknown market space. For more info check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ocean_Strategy )
His speech was loaded with information snippets, dealt with various case studies and most importantly dosed with the perfect dose of humour.


Hostel life: Now, since MBA here is a residential program, reluctantly I chose to stay in hostel, which is a first-of-its-kind experience for me. But then, that turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. And trust me when I say hostel life is the best, I really mean it. Am sure anyone who has stayed in a college hostel would agree. After college hours, our hostel block is literally a 'fun house'. Evening time just evades into vacuum. Birthday celebrations are a specialty here and a conscious effort is made to turn the birthday party into the most messiest affair. A 'toxic' cocktail of rotten eggs, tomatoes, cough syrup, oil is prepared and the bday baby is given an extensive, exotic 'treatment'. Then comes the usual bday bumps.

More in my next blog....

5 comments:

VJP said...

You are always like this da.You are so filled with positive energy that you adapt to everything really well and make a good use of it...Good to be hearing that ur funlife still continues...Have fun machan

THOUGHT GURU said...

hello sir..
nice start ...keep it up...hostel life topic....u clds have extended...

Rajalakshmi said...

Welcome to the bloggers world, you have started well n looking fwd to see many gud posts! ( home is always sweeter lol :-))

Vaishnavi said...

hy... am too plannin to tk up an mba at ssn.. bt the concept of residential programme is making me feel so low... coz ive never been away frm home all my life.. so is ssn residential programme worth it all is what i wnt to knw... hw gud is placement n stuff..most importantly..do v gt to go home :(

Sathya said...

i have taken up mca at somca.. like others am also reluctantly taking up hostel . i dont know how much my decision wil pan up right. the first blogger cud ve xtended his comments...looking for some1 who cn share more who has studied there. keep posting!! cheers!